2012+ Dodge Ram 1500 Intermediate Axle repair kit
$525.00 + taxes and shipping
Axle repair kit 722N695BKA
Shaft kit with new bearings and SureSeal Boots. This is a product we put together in-house, have patented to sell! It is a very simple fix and more affordable than replacing the entire differential.
For any questions or concerns please call
Or email us at: email@example.com
We ship worldwide
Please call directly for BULK pricing (5 or more)
223 in stock
All transactions are encrypted
Full refund possible after contacting Rick Roods transmission
Instructions: Removing Right Side Housing:
- Remove PS housing by pulling top ball joint and outer tie rod end.
- Remove axle nut and tap CV axle off of the differential output shaft then remove from the hub and set aside.
- Next, unplug the actuator
- 2 Mounting bolts and 4 housing bolts need to be removed. With a small flat screwdriver and a hammer, break the silicone seal of the housing to the main part of the diff.
With the housing removed:
- Remove actuator and collar.
- Remove large inside snap ring (located in the actuator opening), then hit shaft with rubber mallet out of the housing.
- Remove the small snap ring off the shaft and reuse it on the new shaft.
- Use a suitable tool to remove the outer seal and caged needle bearing. (If the seal is not being replaced then inspect and clean the bearing and seal surface. Then apply a suitable grease to both.)
- Press the caged needle bearing in from the outside edge flush with the shoulder in the aluminum housing.
- Install assembled shaft and bearing assembly with press or rubber mallet until the inside snap ring groove is exposed and then re-install snap ring.
- Install the new seal (if removed) to an approx. and even depth of .410” from the outer edge.
- Re-install steel dust shield. (inner lip may need to be resized with a flat disc and a hammer or a small set of pliers in order to retain the tension on the shaft.
- Reverse the order above ensuring the collar is in place. Apply a small bead of silicone around the flange of housing and re-install on the differential.
- The new 'sure seal' boot will need to be slid over the CV Axle first and then installed on the output shaft once the housing is re-installed. (It seems to be easiest to work the entire boot over the axle first. The large then small end. This is a very tight fit, however, it will ensure a good seal)
- Grease splines well and once the CV axle is secured into place slide the small end of the boot off the CV axle and onto the output shaft, creating a seal to keep the moisture out and the grease in. This should prevent the stripped axle from happening again.
Torque Actuator-21 ft lbs Housing Bolts-48 ft lb Oil 75w85 (Top off as needed)