2012+ Dodge Ram 1500 Intermediate Axle repair kit
$525.00 + taxes and shipping
Axle repair kit 722N695BKA
Shaft kit with new bearings and SureSeal Boots. This is a product we put together in-house, have patented to sell! It is a very simple fix and more affordable than replacing the entire differential.
For any questions or concerns please call
We ship worldwide
Please call directly for BULK pricing (5 or more)
428 in stock
All transactions are encrypted
Full refund possible after contacting Rick Roods transmission
Instructions: Removing Right Side Housing:
- Remove PS housing by pulling top ball joint and outer tie rod end.
- Remove axle nut and tap CV axle off of the differential output shaft then remove from the hub and set aside.
- Next, unplug the actuator
- 2 Mounting bolts and 4 housing bolts need to be removed. With a small flat screwdriver and a hammer, break the silicone seal of the housing to the main part of the diff.
With the housing removed:
- Remove actuator and collar.
- Remove large inside snap ring (located in the actuator opening), then hit shaft with rubber mallet out of the housing.
- Remove the small snap ring off the shaft and reuse it on the new shaft.
- Use a suitable tool to remove the outer seal and caged needle bearing. (If the seal is not being replaced then inspect and clean the bearing and seal surface. Then apply a suitable grease to both.)
- Press the caged needle bearing in from the outside edge flush with the shoulder in the aluminum housing.
- Install assembled shaft and bearing assembly with press or rubber mallet until the inside snap ring groove is exposed and then re-install snap ring.
- Install the new seal (if removed) to an approx. and even depth of .410” from the outer edge.
- Re-install steel dust shield. (inner lip may need to be resized with a flat disc and a hammer or a small set of pliers in order to retain the tension on the shaft.
- Reverse the order above ensuring the collar is in place. Apply a small bead of silicone around the flange of housing and re-install on the differential.
- The new 'sure seal' boot will need to be slid over the CV Axle first and then installed on the output shaft once the housing is re-installed. (It seems to be easiest to work the entire boot over the axle first. The large then small end. This is a very tight fit, however, it will ensure a good seal)
- Grease splines well and once the CV axle is secured into place slide the small end of the boot off the CV axle and onto the output shaft, creating a seal to keep the moisture out and the grease in. This should prevent the stripped axle from happening again.
Torque Actuator-21 ft lbs Housing Bolts-48 ft lb Oil 75w85 (Top off as needed)